With the COVID-19 pandemic affecting everyone in every way, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) extended the Medical Certificate Expiration Waiver for interstate CDL and CLP holders and non-CDL drivers. This extension allows the CDL, CLP, and non-CDL drivers until September 30, 2020 to renew their medical exam and certification and their other required variances.
However, this waiver does not apply to CDL and CLP holders…
- Whose privileges have been revoked or suspended for traffic offenses
- Whose permit or license expired before March 1, 2020
- Who cannot produce evidence of a prior medical certification that expired on or after March 1, 2020, including new drivers who have never acquired a medical certification
- Who have been diagnosed with a medical condition that would disqualify them from operating in interstate commerce or drivers who have developed a condition that requires an exemption or Skill Performance Evaluation from FMCSA
- Who has an originally issued medical examiner’s certificate that was issued for less than 90 days
Get in Touch
Would you like to meet with our team for a DOT physical examination? Schedule an appointment with us today.